Mesosphere DCOS 1.4 brings new UI, latest releases of Mesos and Marathon
For more than five years, DC/OS has enabled some of the largest, most sophisticated enterprises in the world to achieve unparalleled levels of efficiency, reliability, and scalability from their IT infrastructure. But now it is time to pass the torch to a new generation of technology: the D2iQ Kubernetes Platform (DKP). Why? Kubernetes has now achieved a level of capability that only DC/OS could formerly provide and is now evolving and improving far faster (as is true of its supporting ecosystem). That’s why we have chosen to sunset DC/OS, with an end-of-life date of October 31, 2021. With DKP, our customers get the same benefits provided by DC/OS and more, as well as access to the most impressive pace of innovation the technology world has ever seen. This was not an easy decision to make, but we are dedicated to enabling our customers to accelerate their digital transformations, so they can increase the velocity and responsiveness of their organizations to an ever-more challenging future. And the best way to do that right now is with DKP.
We are excited to announce that version 1.4 of the Mesosphere Datacenter Operating System (DCOS) is now generally available. The latest version features a long list of new features, including the latest versions of Mesos and Marathon that enable IP per container and advanced authentication, respectively.
- The DCOS UI has been updated. Most of the panels now display new details, including the ability to download files from a task.
- Mesos 0.25.0 is included. There is now experimental support for maintenance primitives, new master endpoints and an extended module API to allow for IP per container.
- Marathon 0.13.0 has a brand new UI. Along with the new UI, you'll be able to use the new plugins and authentication hooks.
For a complete list of changes in this release, please see the Release Notes.
Read all about how to get started with the Mesosphere DCOS and version 1.4 in the following places:
- DCOS 1.4 Community Edition documentation
- DCOS 1.4 Community Edition CloudFormation template for AWS
- Getting Started Guide to Creating a DCOS Cluster
And be sure to join our public Slack community channel, where you can ask questions and interact with our engineers and product team.