From PaaS to Serverless: A Podcast with Kelsey Hightower
O’Reilly's latest podcast features a conversation on Serverless and Kubernetes, with Kelsey Hightower, developer advocate for Google Cloud
Tried and true, platform-as-a-service (PaaS) has allowed developers to write stateless applications directly to a server. But what happens when you need to scale up and out and no longer have the bandwidth to write around the logic, or handle a request, or connect to a message queue?
That's when it's time to start talking about serverless.
O'Reilly's latest podcast features a conversation on "Serverless and Kubernetes," with Kelsey Hightower, developer advocate for Google Cloud Platform at Google (and co-author of Kubernetes: Up and Running), and Chris Gaun, Kubernetes product manager.
Kelsey and Chris gig into topics such as:
- Underestimation of the learning curve
- Competition between Kubernetes containers and serverless
- Considerations when attempting to move an existing application to a serverless architecture
- Open source frameworks that work on Kubernetes
- Workflow engines being used on top of Kubernetes
- Security issues regarding Kubernetes clusters
To learn more about going from PaaS to Serverless and Kubernetes, listen today.