New DC/OS Packages You Can Use - December 2016
For more than five years, DC/OS has enabled some of the largest, most sophisticated enterprises in the world to achieve unparalleled levels of efficiency, reliability, and scalability from their IT infrastructure. But now it is time to pass the torch to a new generation of technology: the D2iQ Kubernetes Platform (DKP). Why? Kubernetes has now achieved a level of capability that only DC/OS could formerly provide and is now evolving and improving far faster (as is true of its supporting ecosystem). That’s why we have chosen to sunset DC/OS, with an end-of-life date of October 31, 2021. With DKP, our customers get the same benefits provided by DC/OS and more, as well as access to the most impressive pace of innovation the technology world has ever seen. This was not an easy decision to make, but we are dedicated to enabling our customers to accelerate their digital transformations, so they can increase the velocity and responsiveness of their organizations to an ever-more challenging future. And the best way to do that right now is with DKP.
5 min read
- Confluent packages updated to version 3.11. Learn more.
- Tunnel CLI updated to version 0.3.3 which adds retry logic when probing for a valid docker command to run on the cluster. Also prints the usage details when no arguments are passed.
- Cassandra upgraded to version 1.0.21-3.0.10. Check the release notes.
- Linkerd updated to version 0.8.3 which adds support for Mesosphere Enterprise DC/OS, improves HTTP server behavior with short-lived connections and retry metrics to include a total counter of all retry requests. More in release notes.
- Scale updated to 4.1.0. Check the release notes.
- Gitlab updated to version 8.14.1.