New DC/OS Packages You Can Use - November 2016
New DC/OS packages you can use
2016 has been a great year for DC/OS. We just celebrated our 6 month anniversary. Our packager manager, Universe has seen tremendous adoption, and some great contributions from the community and partners. To keep you posted about all the most recent changes, we're kicking off a series of short blog posts about updates to Universe.
Note that these new packages are currently
EXPERIMENTAL. There may be bugs, incomplete features, incorrect documentation, or other discrepancies
docker Registry : The docker Registry is a stateless, highly scalable server side application that stores and lets you distribute Docker images. This DC/OS package provides a private registry that can be made available to any other component in the system. Learn more.
Nexus Repository Manager : Nexus 3 is a repository manager that supports a broad variety of package managers, namely Bower, Docker, Maven 2, npm, NuGet, PyPI, and Raw site repositories. Learn more.
Scale : Scale enables on-demand, near real-time, automated processing of large datasets (satellite, medical, audio, video) using a dynamic bank of algorithms. Learn more.
Apache Bookkeeper : Bookkeeper is a replicated log service which can be used to build replicated state machines. A log contains a sequence of events which can be applied to a state machine. Learn more.
Koding: is a web based collaborative software development tool. Through the use of stacks, you can define server environments which include all of the necessary software for you to develop your code. Learn more.
cAdvisor (Container Advisor): cAdvisor provides container users an understanding of the resource usage and performance characteristics of their running containers. It is a running daemon that collects, aggregates, processes, and exports information about running containers.
InfluxDB: is an open source time series database with no external dependencies. It's useful for recording metrics, events, and performing analytics.
Grafana: is an open source application for visualizing large-scale measurement data. It provides a powerful and elegant way to create, share, and explore data and dashboards from your disparate metric databases. Learn more about cAdvisor, InfluxDB and Grafana.
Updates to existing packages
- Jenkins package is upgraded to version 2.19.3 LTS.
- ArangoDB package is upgraded to version 3.1.x. Learn more.
- Cassandra is updated to use DC/OS Cassandra 1.0.19-3.0.9 release. Learn more about the changes.
- Spark is updated to use DC/OS Spark service 1.0.6-2.0.2 release.
- Confluent Kafka is updated to use dcos-kafka-service 1.1.16 release.
- GitLab package upgraded to version 8.1.13. This update brings improved root_squash support in the case of users setting up NFS on the hostmounts.
- Linkerd package is updated to support app groups. Learn more about linkerd.
- MariaDB package updated to the latest version to fix some OpenSSL issues.
- Nginx package updated to the latest version to fix some OpenSSL issues.
- Netsil 1.0 is now available in Universe. See what's new in the 1.0 release.
- Added external volume support to MongoDB, MySQL, OpenLDAP and Postgresql packages.
- Vamp package is updated to 0.9.1 version which also updates the REST API port to HTTP API port.
Contribute your package to Universe on GitHub.
Engage with the DC/OS community on Slack or our mailing list.