New DKP Gov Kubernetes Management Platform Sets the Government Standard
6 min read
- Meeting zero-trust and other high-level security standards
- Integration with existing systems
- Deploying air-gapped environments
- Securing the supply chain
- Overcoming the skills gap
Enter DKP Gov
Setting the Standard for Kubernetes Management in the Public Sector
- Single-cluster or multi-cluster management, hybrid multi-cloud management, multi-tenancy, vSphere, GovCloud, and bare metal support
- Hybrid-cloud lIfecycle cost management
- Full support for physically and logically air-gapped clusters
- Tactical edge weapons system support (DDIL)
- Centralized multi-cloud, multi-cluster fleet management
- Continuous delivery (CD)
- IL 2-6+ (JWICS), FENCES, C2S, SC2S, C1D, SIPR/NIPR
- ATO on government platforms, cATO
- FIPS 140-2 certified
- Confirmed Stateside Support (24/7/365 support, ITAR and Data Integrity Compliant)
- Pure upstream CNCF-conformant Kubernetes
- Production-ready (Day-2) platform applications
- Enabling microservice architecture for hybrid environments at scale
- Unified Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform support
DKP Gov customers will enjoy the capabilities inherent in the DKP architecture, including:
- Centralized Multi-cluster, Multi-cloud Fleet Management. With top-to-bottom declarative workflow, D2iQ provides centralized multi-cluster fleet management across any environment, including cloud, hybrid cloud, on-premise, air-gapped environments, and at the edge.
- Pure Upstream CNCF-Conformant Kubernetes. This enables customers to avoid the portability, manageability, upgradeability, and security issues associated with forked Kubernetes versions and dependencies.
- Military-Grade Security. DKP Gov can be configured to meet defined security standards. Each component is tested and certified before release.
- Supply-Chain Security. DKP Gov meets all key NSA/CISA hardening guidelines, including supply chain security. D2iQ is a CNCF embargo partner and can respond rapidly to Day 0 security exploits through software patches. DKP goes through vigorous and continuous vulnerability scanning with every point release.
- DevSecOps Simplification. By providing a fully automated and integrated Kubernetes stack that is secure by default, DKP eases the burden of DevSecOps.
- Multi-cluster Platform Lifecycle Management. This feature enables complete lifecycle management (provision, update, delete) of clusters through the central management plane.
- Real-Time Cost Management. There is cost visibility up to the level of individual applications, but at the same time also provides comprehensive cost visibility for your entire infrastructure.
- Greater Speed to Deployment with Cluster API (CAPI). DKP Gov is designed around Cluster API, which enables simplified infrastructure management using GitOps. This enables government agencies to manage a fleet of clusters across multiple infrastructure providers with consistent API. This is superior to solutions that use infrastructure-specific, imperative, and brittle scripted deployments. DKP Gov’s use of CAPI features a consistent interface for deployment regardless of where it is running, which means greater speed to deployment.
- GitOps Workflow. Integrated FluxCD enables GitOps workflow. Customers can configure projects with continuous deployments, which enables canary and A/B deployments, as well as roll-back. This enables you to rapidly build, test, and deploy applications at scale, without requiring configuration changes.
- Service Catalog. You can quickly and easily deploy applications and complex data services from a centralized service catalog to specific or multiple clusters, with governance. This simplifies and accelerates the provisioning of fast data pipelines such as Apache Spark, Apache Cassandra, and Apache Kafka in all environments, including at the edge.