During the week of July 20, Mesosphere will participate in a few exciting events coinciding with O'Reilly Media's, Open Source Conference (OSCON).
On Monday, July 20, Mesosphere offered its first SOLD OUT Kubernetes Bootcamp training. This course was a collaboration between Mesosphere, Google and O'Reilly Media. It was also a pilot course that launched Mesosphere's training program, which will roll out in earnest in Q4. Below are some course highlights:
- Container basics (cgroups, namespaces, Docker basics)
- Using Docker (find, launch and build Docker images, inspection, logging, etc.)
- Kubernetes (orchestration basics, Kubernetes components and infrastructure, managing nodes, pods, and services)
- Building and deploying and end-to-end example application (from architecture to Docker images to Kubernetes deployment)
On Tuesday, July 21, Google's Kubernetes 1.0 will launch and look into the future of container orchestration. Mesosphere is sponsoring the Kubernetes 1.0 Launch and has been invited to participate in many ways:
- Partner showcase keynote
- Mesosphere's Datacenter Operating System (DCOS) on a cool appliance rack (courtesy of Intel, Quanta, and Redapt) Partner showcase networking booth
- A Mesosphere surprise at the Kubernetes After Party
Kubernetes is not the only topic of conversation this week; don't miss some of Mesosphere's best engineers speak at OSCON.
Monday, July 20
- 9:00am: Get started developing with Scala - Jason Swartz, Mesosphere
- 1:30pm: How to run the next generation of enterprise "killer apps" on Apache Mesos - Connor Doyle and Niklas Nielsen, Mesosphere
Tuesday, July 21
- 12:00pm: Orchestration—fancy buzzword or the inescapable fate of Docker containers? - Connor Doyle, Mesosphere
Last, but certainly not least ... come see Mesosphere at Github's Open Source Ally booth. Github has invited Mesosphere to staff the booth on Wednesday, July 22 and Twitter to staff the booth on Thursday, July 23. Don't forget to stop by for a chat, learn more about the Apache Mesos project, ask questions, and learn how to contribute.
Mesosphere hopes to see you in Portland!